Washington Gas is one of the major suppliers of natural gas in the state of Washington DC. It is a subsidiary of the public utility holding company WGL. The company currently services to more than one million consumers throughout the state, continuing to push itself as the preferred source of clean and cheap energy.
Washington Gas offers many energy assistance programs to help the low income households with their energy bills. The Residential Essential Service (RES) is one such program which is run by District Department of the Environment’s Energy Office (DDOE). In this program, eligible customers may receive a credit upto $276.41 for the winter heating season. Another program is the Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF), run by The Salvation Army and also aimed specifically at the financially distressed.
Washington Gas Bill Pay Options
- Washington Gas bill pay Online: You can use your debit/ credit card on the internet to pay your gas bills online. Card payments are processed by Online Resources and are charges a $4.55 as service fee. To use the online payment facility, you need to have an account with the company at eservice.washgas.com.
Once you do, you can not only pay your bills, but you can also view your historical payments over the past 12 months.
- Phone: You can also pay your bills through your phone. Simply call the company’s contact center at 703-750-7944 and you can use your credit/debit card or check to pay your bills. s with the online option, card payments attract a service fee of $4.55
- Washington Gas Automated Payment Plan: In this plan, you select a fixed date on which your gas bills are to be paid each month and then you authorize Washington Gas to deduct the bill amount each month from a pre approved bank account. This is a very simple option which requires very little of your time.
- Online Banking: You can use your bank’s electronic billing service to pay your gas bill. To check if your bank is one of the service provider.
- Washington Gas Bill Pay By Mail: Send your checks or Money Orders to – Washington Gas, P O Box 37747, Philadelphia PA 19101-5047
- Payment Location: Washington Gas has a number of payment locations where you can drop off your payments.
- Installment Billing: If you are deemed eligible, you will be provided with an opportunity to pay of your bill balances in 3 monthly installments. To request this option, you can call their Automated Special Services phone line at 703-750-7944
The company also provides an option wherein you can extend your bill due date by a period of 20 days. This is very useful, especially when you find yourself suddenly in short of funds to pay your gas bills. To request an extension, call 703-750-1000.