Walnut Valley Water District is one of the major suppliers of water in the region of Walnut, California with over 113,000 customers benefiting from its service. The company aims to provide high quality water to its customers not only in a fiscally efficient method but also in an environment friendly way. Walnut Valley owns about 29 reservoirs with a total capacity exceeding 85 million gallons of water.
Walnut Valley Water District Bill Payment Options
- Online Payments: This is a very convenient option since you can chose to pay whenever and from wherever you want. You can use your debit card, credit card or bank account to pay your bills at www.wvwd.com.
Once you register your account online with the company, you will also be able to view your bills, both current and past through the customer dashboard. A fee of $2.95 will be charged for every $250 in payment. To register for this service, visit – invoicecloud.com
To login for the service so that to make a recuring payment, follow the instructions below.
- Automated Payment Processing: Walnut Valley offers an automated payment program for its customers. Under this plan, the customers can authorize the company to debit their monthly bills directly from their bank account at a scheduled date. This is a free service that is very simple and easy to set up. To enroll in this plan, you will have to first fill out an authorization form and send it to the company with a voided cheque. Once this has been processed, you will be notified by mail as to the first payment date. To know more about the program, you can contact the help line at 909-595-7554.
- By Phone: You can use your credit card, debit card or bank account and make your bill payments through the phone. To do so, call 877-403-7081 and follow the simple instructions. Only MasterCard, Visa and Discover cards are accepted.
- By Mail: Customers can mail in their payments to the company’s District office at 271 S Brea Canon Road, Walnut, California 91789
- Bank Deposit:You can also make payments at any of the five local branches of the East West Banks located in the area. One branch is located in Walnut while 2 each are located at the Diamond Bar Boulevard and Rowland Heights
Non Payment of Bills and Disputes
Once you receive your Walnut Valley Water District Bill , it becomes overdue after 20 days. The customer is expected to clear their bills within this time period. On overdue, you will be mailed a notice to inform your overdue position and subsequently your services on www.wvwd.com will be shut down if you fail to make your payments.After clearing your dues and the delinquent charges, you can request for a reconnection but you may be required to put down an additional amount as security deposit.
If you feel that you bill is somehow miscalculated, you can contact the company’s customer service center to clear the matter. If even after this, you are not satisfied and the dispute remains, you can raise the matter with a District Hearing officer or the District’s Board of Directors. Their decision shall be deemed final.